Disaster and Mass Casualty Plan
(a) Each licensee shall have a disaster and mass casualty plan of action. The plan shall be in writing and shall be readily available.
(b) The plan shall be subject to review by the Department and shall include:
(1) Designation of administrative authority and staff assignments.
(2) Contingency plans for action during fires, floods and earthquakes including, but not limited to, the following:
(A) Fire safety plan.
(B) Means of exiting.
(C) Transportation arrangements.
(D) Relocation sites that are equipped to provide safe temporary accommodations forchildren.
(E) Supervision of children during evacuation or relocation, and contact after relocation to ensure that relocation has been completed as planned.
(F) Means of contacting local agencies, including but not limited to the fire department, law enforcement agencies, and civil defense and other disaster authorities.
(3) Any special methods and procedures necessary for the evacuation and relocation of nonambulatory children.
(c) The licensee shall instruct all children, age and abilities permitting, and all child care personnel, including volunteers, in their duties and responsibilities under the plan.
(d) Disaster drills shall be conducted at least every six months.
(1) Completion of such drills shall not require travel away from the child care center grounds or contact with local disaster agencies.
(2) The drills shall be documented. This documentation shall be kept in the child care center for at least one year.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 1596.81, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Sections 1596.72, 1596.73, 1596.81, 1596.95 and 1597.05, Health and Safety Code.