Observation of the Child
(a) In addition to Section 101226.3(a), and notwithstanding Section 101226.3 (b), the following shall apply:
(b) Any changes in the child's behavior or any signs of the child's illness worsening shall be reported to the child's authorized representative and recorded in the child's record on the day they occur.
(c) If indicated by the nature of the child's illness at any time when the child is in care, staff shall record daily observations of the child's behavior and symptoms, including the date and time of the observation(s). The record of the observation(s) shall also include, but not be limited to, the following as appropriate:
(1) Behavior and activities, such as the child's state of alertness, type of complaints, frequency and length of sleep, and pattern of rest and play.
(A) Any child with a body temperature of 100 F (37.8 C) (oral) or 101 F (38.3 C) (rectal or by ear) or 99 F (37.2 C) (axillary), or higher, shall have his/her body temperature taken during the day as follows:
1. For a child 0-1 years of age, within one hour of the original temperature; for a child 0-5 years of age, within two hours of the original temperature; and for a child 6-18 years of age, within three hours of the original temperature.
2. The child's temperature shall also be taken at intervals thereafter depending on the child's observed behavior and symptoms as specified in Section 101626.3(c).
(B) Body temperature shall be determined by using a thermometer with a disposable plastic (Probe) cover.
(5) Amount of food and fluid intake.
(6) Color, consistency and number of bowel movements.
(7) Frequency of urination.
(A) Notations shall be made at least every four hours if the child has any of the following conditions/symptoms/illnesses:
1. Decreased appetite.
3. Diarrhea as specified in Section 101626.1(e)(9).
(d) Recorded observations shall be in accordance with the center's admission policies and agreements; and in accordance with plans and procedures as specified in Section 101626, including the plan of care as specified in Section 101626(c).
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 1596.81, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Sections 1596.72, 1596.73 and 1596.81, Health and Safety Code.