Fixtures, Furniture, Equipment And Supplies
(a) In addition to Section 101239, the following shall apply:
(b) Toilets used by school-age children shall provide individual privacy.
(1) Toilet facilities shall not be used simultaneously by children of both sexes.
(c) School-age child care programs that meet the requirements of Health and Safety Code Section 1596.806 are exempt from toilet requirements.
(1) Health and Safety Code Sections 1596.806(a), (a)(1), (a)(2), (b), (b)(1) and (d) pertain to the exemption from toilet requirements for school-age child care programs that meet the requirements of Health and Safety Code Section 1596.806.
Health and Safety Code Sections 1596.806(a), (a)(1), (a)(2), (b), (b)(1) and (d) state:
(a) A room used as a classroom by a schoolage child care program shall not be required to meet the square footage or toilet requirements for child day care centers if the program is operated on either of the following:
(1) A functioning schoolsite in the same facilities that have housed school children during the day, before or after school hours, or before and after school hours.
(2) A functioning schoolsite in facilities certified as usable as a classroom for instruction....
(b) School grounds, other than rooms used as classrooms, used by a schoolage child care program operated on a functioning schoolsite pursuant to either paragraph (1) or (2) of subdivision (a) shall be exempt from all of the following requirements imposed by the department on child day care facilities:
(1) Fencing, outdoor activity space, toilet, and isolation space requirements....
(d) For purposes of this section, "schoolage child care program" means a program for children who are four years and nine months or older and are currently enrolled in a school or are dependent children living within the same household as a child attending a school, operated by an entity that contracts with the school to provide staff and program....
(d) The exemption from toilet requirements is only valid if the entire program is operated in accordance with Health and Safety Code Section 1596.806.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 1596.81, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Sections 1596.72, 1596.73, 1596.806 and 1596.81, Health and Safety Code.