Administrator Qualifications and Duties
(a) The administrator must be at least 18 years of age. The licensee, if an individual or any member of the governing board of the licensed corporation, may be the administrator provided that he/she meets the qualifications specified in this section and in applicable regulations elsewhere in this chapter.
(b) The administrator shall have the following qualifications:
(1) Knowledge of the requirements for providing the type of care and supervision children need, and the ability to communicate with such children.
(2) Knowledge of and ability to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
(3) Ability to maintain or supervise the maintenance of financial and other records.
(4) Ability to establish the center's policy, program and budget.
(5) Ability to recruit, employ, train, direct and evaluate qualified staff, and to terminate employment of staff.
(c) Each licensee shall make provision for continuing operation and carrying out of the administrator's responsibilities during any absence of the administrator.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 1596.81, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Sections 1596.72, 1596.73 and 1596.81, Health and Safety Code.