Advertisements And License Number
(a) No person or legal entity shall advertise or represent itself as a licensed child care center without first obtaining a current valid license from the Department.
(1) Licensees shall reveal each child care center license number in all advertisements in accordance with Health and Safety Code Section 1596.861.
Health and Safety Code Section 1596.861 provides:
(a) Each child day care facility licensed under this chapter, or Chapter 3.5, Chapter 3.6 shall reveal its license number in all advertisements, publications, or announcements made with the intent to attract clients.
(b) Advertisements, publications, or announcements subject to the requirements of subdivision (a) include, but are not limited to, those contained in the following:
(1) Newspaper or magazine.
(2) Consumer report.
(3) Announcement of intent to commence business.
(4) Telephone directory yellow pages.
(5) Professional or service directory.
(6) Radio or television commercial.
(b) Correspondence is considered a form of advertisement only if the intent is to attract clients.
(c) Repealed by Manual Letter No. CCL-98-11, effective 11/1/98.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 1596.81(a), Health and Safety Code. Reference: Section 1596.861, Health and Safety Code.