(a) In addition to Section 101216, the following shall apply:
(b) All staff and volunteers whose duties include the provision of care to, and the supervision and protection of, mildly ill children shall complete training on the practices and procedures of a child care center for mildly ill children.
(1) Training shall be completed within two weeks of a staff member's or volunteer's starting date.
(c) The training plan shall ensure the provision of at least 20 hours of training for each staff member or volunteer and shall include but not be limited to:
(1) Orientation to the center.
(2) Instruction on the identification, transmission and control of communicable diseases, including universal health precautions.
(3) Center practices and procedures for the care of mildly ill children, including those related to:
(A) Hand washing, feeding and diapering.
(B) Special care needs of mildly ill children including, as appropriate, the areas of nutrition and fluids, activities, taking temperatures and administering medications.
(C) Medical emergencies.
(D) Disaster preparedness and evacuation.
(d) Training shall be given by the director and/or a fully qualified teacher.
(e) Completion of training shall be documented in each participant's personnel file.
(1) Documentation shall include the name(s) of the trainer(s), the name(s) of staff members and volunteers receiving training, the date(s) training was completed, the subject area(s) of the training, and the duration of the training (number of hours).
(f) At least one staff member who is trained in pediatric cardiopulmonary resuscitation and pediatric first aid pursuant to Health and Safety Code Section 1596.866 shall be onsite at all times when children are present.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 1596.81, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Sections 1596.72, 1596.73 and 1596.81, Health and Safety Code.