Comment on page
(a) Cots used for napping shall be maintained in a safe condition.
(b) Floor mats used for napping shall be:
(1) Constructed of foam at least 3/4 inch thick.
(2) Covered with vinyl or similar material that can be wiped.
(3) Marked or colored so that the sleeping side can be distinguished from the floor side.
(4) Wiped with a detergent/disinfectant weekly or when soiled or wet.
(5) Maintained in a safe condition with no exposed foam.
(c) Each cot or mat shall be equipped with a sheet to cover the cot or mat and, depending on the weather, a sheet and/or blanket to cover the child.
(1) Bedding shall not be shared by different children without first laundering the bedding.
(2) Bedding shall be individually stored so that each child's bedding is identifiable and no child's used bedding comes into contact with other bedding.
(3) Sheets shall be washed weekly or when soiled or wet.
(4) Blankets shall be cleaned or changed when soiled.
(d) Napping equipment shall be arranged so that each child has access to a walkway without having to walk on or over the cots or mats of other children.
NOTE: Authority cited: Section 1596.81, Health and Safety Code. Reference: Sections 1596.72, 1596.73, 1596.81 and 1597.05, Health and Safety Code.
Last modified 5mo ago